Hi friends! The Sydney Cowl has been a long time favorite of mine. I recently made the cowl with awesome chunky yarn so I thought I’d share my pattern!! I’ve named it the “Forestbrook Cowl.”
- Hook (Bates, M13, 9mm hook)
- Tapestry/yarn needle
- One skein of Bernat Mix Home from Michaels, one skein of Bernat Home Bundle from JoAnns, or one-two skeins of Wool-Ease Thick & Quick from Michaels, JoAnns or Wal-Mart
- CS (chain stitch)
- DC (double crochet)
- SC (single crochet)
- Slip Stitch
- CH 1, Skip 1, DC (chain 1, skip 1, double crochet)
- Slip stitch into second chain stitch to end each row.
- Chain 4 to begin a new row.
3-4 year old child size:
- Chain 51
- Slip stitch into first CS to make first loop.
- Chain 4
- Skip chain and first stitch and DC into second stitch from the chain.
- *CH 1, Skip 1, DC* for 25 stitches
- There will be a total of 26 DC & 25 CS.
- You will continue the pattern around the cowl for a total of 12 rounds. Crochet 15 rounds if you wish for the cowl to be fuller.
- As a finishing touch, add a row of single crochet around the bottom & top of the cowl.
- Sew in ends.
- Add fringe if desired.
1-2 year old:
Chain 45, complete 10 rounds
5-12 year old:
Chain 55, complete 15 rounds
*Please note: If you use Thick & Quick Yarn, you will need 2 skeins to complete the 5-12 year old pattern.
- Chain 59, complete 17 rounds
- Chain 61, complete 18 rounds
- Chain 65, complete 18 rounds
Add additional rounds to create a fuller look or fewer rounds for a lighter look.
- All photos are copyrighted. Do not use my photos for product listings under any circumstance.
- If you wish to share this pattern, please link back to this page.
- You may sell products made from my patterns. I do ask that you credit my blog on your Etsy/websites as well as on all social media outlets by tagging me on Instagram @southerndaycrochet & on Facebook Southern Day Crochet. Please use #southerndaycrochet for a chance to be featured on my Instagram as well! I love seeing your work!!
Thanks for checking out the tutorial! I hope it was helpful. Please comment below or email email@example.com with questions.
“She seeks wool and flax & works with willing hands.” Proverbs 31:13