Hi, friends! I recently began crocheting the Juliet Blanket, & I am loving the lightweight feel for Spring, Summer & Fall. The size works great for a child or as an adult lap blanket. It is also my “go-to” travel blanket!
- Scrap Yarn (I used cotton yarn, acrylic should work fine as well)
- G Hook, 4.25mm
- Yarn Needle
- SC (single crochet)
- DC (double crochet)
- CS (chain stitch); ch (chain)
- Chain one to begin each new row of SC.
- Chain four to begin each new row of CH 1, Skip 1, DC.
- We complete two rows of SC and then three rows of CH 1, Skip 1, DC. Repeat this pattern until you reach the desired length for your blanket.
- If desired, do a color change as you change the rows from SC to CH 1, Skip 1, DC.
- Slip knot around your hook to begin.
- Chain 100.
- Row 1: SC in 2nd ch from the hook & in each CS for a total of 98 stitches.
- Rows 2-5: (Change to 2nd color if desired.) Chain 4 to begin a new row. Skip chain space & 1st stitch & DC into the 2nd stitch from the chain. *CH 1, Skip 1, DC* for the remainder of the row. Repeat for rows 3-5, chaining 4 to begin each new row & ending each row by DC into 2nd cs.
- Each row should have 50 DC stitches (counting the chain 4 at the beginning of the rows), 49 Chain Stitchs.
- Rows 6 & 7: (Color Change if desired) Chain 1 to begin, SC 98 stitches. Repeat for row 6.
- Rows 8-11: (Color Change) Chain 4 to begin a new row. Skip chain space & 1st stitch & DC into the 2nd stitch from the chain. *CH 1, Skip 1, DC* for the remainder of the row. Repeat for rows 9-11, chaining 4 to begin each new row.
- Rows 12 & 13: (Color Change) Chain 1 to begin, SC 98 stitches. Repeat for row 13.
- Repeat this pattern until you reach desired length for blanket. As stated above, I haven’t finished my blanket yet so I’m unsure of how many rows to add, but I’ll keep you guys updated with my progress on Instagram.
- Add desired border.
- Sew in & trim ends.
Please email email@example.com if you have questions. Thanks so much for trying my pattern! I hope y’all enjoy it as much as I do!