This simple cowl should fit a toy breed puppy around 6-8 weeks old. It’s inspired by my sweet new Yorkie-Poo, Daisy Kay. 🎀🐶🎀
Hope y’all enjoy!
- Worsted weight or cotton yarn
- G Hook, 4.25mm (I used Boye)
- Yarn Needle
- Chain Stitch (CS)
- Double Crochet (DC)
- Double Crochet, Front Loop Only (DC, FLO)
- Double Crochet, Back Loop Only (DC, BLO)
- Slip Stitch
- Single Crochet (SC)
- About 20 minutes. Super quick project!
- 5″ W x 2.75″ H
- 0.5oz, 14 grams
- Alternate each row between DC, FLO & DC, BLO to achieve rigged look.
- Chain two to begin each row.
- DC directly into next stitch to begin new row after chaining two.
- Your chain 2 at the beginning of each row counts as a stitch.
- Each row should have 10 stitches.
- Making it for a larger puppy?! Add a few extra rows or use a larger hook size.
- Begin by chaining 11.
- Row 1: Skip the first chain stitch and DC in each chain until you reach the end for a total of 10 DC.
- Row 2: Chain 2, DC, FLO in each stitch for a total of 10 stitches.
- Row 3: Chain 2, DC, BLO in each stitch.
- Rows 4-16: Continue alternating between DC, FLO & DC, BLO until you have a total of 16 rows, chaining 2 to begin each new row.
- Slip stitch to finish & sew up the back to connect the last row with the rirst row.
- Next, add a border by single crocheting around the top & bottom of the cowl.
- Use yarn needle to sew in ends.
- Add fringe if desired.
- All photos are copyrighted. Do not use my photos for product listings under any circumstance.
- If you wish to share this pattern, please link back to this page.
- You may sell products made from my patterns. I do ask that you credit my blog on your Etsy/websites as well as on all social media outlets by tagging me on Instagram (@southerndaycrochet) & on Facebook (Southern Day Crochet). Please use the #southerndaycrochet for a chance to be featured on my Instagram as well! I love seeing your work!!
Thank you for taking the time to check out this tutorial! Please leave comments below & send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Puppy Cowl Making!
Kim & Daisy