- 2 skeins of Bernat Home Bundle ™ for 4T-5T +. 1 skein should be sufficient for a smaller size. (Yarn is available only at JoAnns)
- M13 hook, 9mm (I used Bates)
- Yarn needle
- Stitch markers (optional but helpful)
- I did not write the full pattern for this tutorial. You will make a granny square. Crochet 9 rounds for 2T, 10 rounds for 3T, 11 rounds for a 4T-5T. Want a larger shrug? Add rounds.. subtract rounds for a smaller shrug! I’d recommend adding 1-2 rounds for each size increase.
- If you are unsure how to crochet a classic granny square, search YouTube for a “classic granny square” & meet me back here when you’ve completed the square. 😀
- I crocheted 11 rounds. Granny square should measure approximately 24″ w.
- Fold your granny square so it looks like the example below..
- Sew or stitch the square together as shown below. You should have a total of 12 stitches. I used slip stitches to complete.
- Complete on the other side of the shrug.
- Your work should resemble the example below..
- Add a boarder of SC to the arms.. you should have approximately 32 SC around each arm. I crocheted 3 rounds of SC.
- Add a boarder to the center of the shrug. I crocheted one round of SC.
- Sew in ends & trim excess yarn.
- That’s it!
- All photos are copyrighted. Do not use my photos for product listings under any circumstance.
- If you wish to share this design, please link back to this page.
- You may sell products made from my patterns. I do ask that you credit my blog on your Etsy/websites as well as on all social media outlets by tagging me on Instagram @southerndaycrochet & on Facebook Southern Day Crochet. Please use #southerndaycrochet for a chance to be featured on my Instagram as well! I love seeing your work!!