Last Summer I created the “Picnic Bow Collection.” This collection includes various food themed bows that I hope you all enjoy making. First up, a watermelon bow! Nothing says summer like the beautiful, bright colors of a watermelon on a hot day. Enjoy! 🍉🍉🍉
- Please credit my blog on your social media accounts if you share or sell items even if you change the pattern. Thank you for respecting the time I’ve put into this pattern, design & collection. 🎀🎀🎀
- G Hook (4.25mm)
- Red or pink, green and white worsted weight or cotton yarn. (Other color suggestions: baby pink & light green, tropical pink and green or use neons for an extra bright look)
- Nylon headband or elastic to attach bow to.
- Black puff paint. (If you do not want to use paint for the seeds, you can sew black beads on the bow instead.)
- Yarn Needle
- Measuring tape & stitch marker (optional)
Visit www.heartsprinkle.com to purchase the ergonomic hooks I use often! Use code KIMMIESCROCHET15 for 15% off at checkout.
- Work in a continuous round.
- Do not chain one to begin a new round.
- CS (chain stitch)
- Slp Stitch (slip stitch)
- SC (single crochet)
- SC, BLO (single crochet, back loop only)
- HDC (half double crochet)
- HDC, BLO (half double crochet, back loop only)
- About an hour to make the bow. Please allow AT LEAST 24 hours for the paint to dry before tying the bow together. If you tie the bow together before the paint is fully dry, it may ruin the crochet.
- Approximately 5″ W x 3.25″ H (when sewn together)
- 22 grams, 0.8 ounces
- Chain 30
- Slip stitch into 1st chain stitch to make a circle.
- We will be working in a continuous round.
- Do not chain one before going into the first stitch.
- Round 1: Using GREEN yarn, complete one round of HDC, 30 stitches.
- Round 2: Using WHITE yarn, complete one round of SC, BLO (back loop only).
- Round 3: Using RED or PINK yarn, complete one round of HDC, BLO (back loop only).
- Rounds 4-14: Using RED or PINK yarn, crochet 10 rounds of HDC, 30 stitches per round.
- Round 15: Using WHITE yarn, complete one round of SC.
- Round 16: Using GREEN yarn, 1 round of SC, BLO (back loop only).
- Round 17: Using GREEN yarn, complete one round of HDC, BLO, 30 stitches.
- Sew in ends & trim excess yarn.
- Carefully apply dots of paint on the red or pink portion of the bow. Allow at least 24 hours to dry.
- Pinch center of the bow & tie around using the excess yarn to wrap around the nylon headband. Sew in & trim ends.
- All photos are copyrighted. Do not use my photos for product listings under any circumstance.
- If you wish to share this pattern, please link back to this page.
- You may sell products made from my patterns. I do ask that you credit my blog on your Etsy/websites as well as on all social media outlets by tagging me on Instagram @southerndaycrochet & on Facebook (Southern Day Crochet).
- Please use #southerndaycrochet for a chance to be featured on my Instagram! I love seeing your work!!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below with questions. As always, THANK YOU for your support and for checking out this tutorial! Have a wonderful 🍉 filled Summer!