Hi, friends! This tutorial includes instructions for the Florence Turban, sizes newborn-large adult. I hope y’all enjoy!!
- Worsted weight yarn (I used I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby)
- G hook, 4.25mm (Boye is my go-to hook)
- Tapestry/Yarn needle
Time: About 30 minutes to an hour total
- chain stitch
- slip stitch
- single crochet
- half double crochet (HDC)
- Bands will be snug on child’s head initially; however, there is a 2-3 inch stretch with wear over time. If you find the band too large or small, go up or down a hook or band size.
To begin select desired size and chain the number listed beside it. Follow instructions below to complete the crochet band.
Newborn: Chain 46
0-3 Months: Chain 48
3-6 Months: Chain 53
6-9 Months: Chain 54
9-12 Months: Chain 56
12-18 Months: Chain 58
Toddler: Chain 60
Child: Chain 62
Teen/Small Adult: Chain 64
Large Adult: Chain 66
After chaining desired size, slip stitch into the first stitch and complete 10 ROWS of HDC (half double crochet).
- I do not chain one before going into the next stitch.
- I work continuously around the band as shown below.
- For Newborn-3-6 Months, I complete 8 rows versus 10.
- As a finishing touch, I add one row of single crochet to the last row of HDC. This is not necessary, but it helps make the band’s tension equal on both sides of the band.
- Sew in ends.
- Pinch center together, tie and wrap yarn around until secure.
- Sew in the remaining ends.
- All photos are copyrighted. Do not use my photos to sell or advertise your products under any circumstance.
- Do not copy, sell or readjust pattern.
- If you share this pattern, link directly back to http://www.kimmiescrochet.com
- You may sell products made from my patterns. I do ask that you credit my blog on your Etsy/websites as well as on all social media outlets by tagging me on Instagram (Southern Day Crochet) & on Facebook (Southern Day Crochet). Please use #southerndaycrochet for a chance to be featured on my Instagram as well! I love to see your work!!
I hope you found this tutorial helpful. Thank you for taking the time to check it out! Please email me with questions or comments. Happy bow making & God bless you all, crafty friends!!
“She seeks wool and flax & works with willing hands.” Proverbs 31:13
5 thoughts on “Florence Turban Pattern”
looking for the sydney cowl pattern, can’t seem to locate it.
Hi! So sorry about that!! It is located right above the Watermelon Bow Pattern.. I’ve pasted the link above this comment. Hope this helps 😘❤️
Easy to follow instructions. I made one for my niece. Thanks!
Thanks, Brenda! So glad you enjoyed it ❤